The System may be right for you if:
If you do not rendezvous the Body Mass Index i.e. BMI or weight criteria, you still may be advised for surgery if your BMI is not less than 35 and you are suffering from serious health problems related to obesity.
- You do not drink alcoholic beverage in excess.
- You do not have any other infection that may have initiated your obesity.
- You have been overweight for more than 5 years.
- You are not less than 18 years old.
- Your BMI is 40 or higher or you weigh not less than two times your perfect weight or you weigh at least 100 pounds more than your perfect weight. (BMI is calculated by dividing body weight (lbs.) by height in inches squared (in2) and multiplying that amount by 704.5).
- Your serious endeavours to lose weight have had only short-term success.
- You are arranged to make substantial changes in your eating habits and lifestyle
- You are eager to extend being supervised by the expert who is healing you.
UPDATE: FDA Panel Votes to Lower BMI Requirements for Lap-Band Surgery
On December 3, 2010, a panel of Food and Drug Administration advisers voted in favor of lowering the body mass index criteria for Lap-Band surgery. If the panelís recommendation is accepted by the FDA, millions more overweight American could qualify for this weight loss procedure. The suggestion is searching to smaller the Lap-Band requirement to a BMI of 35 or higher, or 30 with a associated health condition.
The FDA should still make a last conclusion on if to accept the lower BMI obligations and that conclusion is anticipated inside the next twosome of months.