Once you have progressed thru your post-op diet of fluids and pureed nourishment, you will one time afresh be adept consume usual foods.
The LAP-BAND® method works best with solid nourishment to decline hunger. Solid nourishment stay in the stomach pouch longer, so you should seem full after consuming only a couple of ounces of food.
Your diet will perfectly include:
Your medical practitioner will work with you in evolving a new diet plan. Some of the significant guidelines for consuming with the LAP-BAND® are:
- low-fat proteins (select meats, fish, skinless poultry, eggs).
- fruits and vegetables.
- healthy baked breads and cereals.
- dairy goods (good source of calcium, but select non-fat or low-fat)
- heart-healthy fats.
After Lap Band Surgery, aerobic activities, for the most part walking and swimming are generally best tolerated. We suggest that you get at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
- Eat only three little repasts a day - this is all you need. Do not snack between meals.
- Eat only solid nourishment at mealtime - this is how the LAP-BAND® works to constraint food.
- Eat gradually and masticate your nourishment methodically, about 15-20 times a gnaw, until it comes to a fluid consistency - this will help to conceive the feeling of fullness and make it less expected for nourishment to get attached in the LAP-BAND® pouch.
- Stop consuming when you seem full - consuming too much can outcome in agony, nausea and vomiting. It can furthermore extend the LAP-BAND® pouch.
- Choose wholesome nourishment - confirm you are getting sufficient protein and nutrients.
- Do not drink while you consume - this will clean down the nourishment and you will not come to the feeling of fullness, beating the reason of the LAP-BAND®. Do not drink for 30 to 45 minutes before or after meals.
- No fizzy drinks
- Suck on ice if thirsty or dry
Consult our surgeon and heaviness administration group to find out which undertaking is right for you.